Kathy’s focus throughout her career has been the intersection of accounting, IT, business processes and data to focus on GAP clients’ fundamental need – tactical assistance in implementing sustainable process improvements.
In addition to identifying road blocks to improvement and assisting clients to envision a final state, she provides detail and practical guidance on the steps required to efficiently implement changes considering client organization, size, industry and change acumen.
Kathy’s approach combines an understanding of best practices at a conceptual level and effective processing techniques. She has a broad and diverse background in systems, accounting, controls and business processes enabling her to effectively execute, as well as guide GAP Resources professionals, to ensure engagements meet client needs.
- GAP Resources, LLC – Director and Founder of GAP Resources in 1998
- Washington National Insurance Company – Vice President, Internal Audit of publicly traded company; Controller, Health Division – Managed fifty personnel and multiple accounting and process changes as a result of the sale of the division
- Ernst & Young – Senior Manager – Implemented IT audit processes and procedures at their initial inception. Developed best practices in the National Office
Capabilities & Specializations
- Accounting Process Change Implementation
- New Systems Implementations – Accounting, Auditing and Business Processes
- IT Audit and Compliance Support
- SOX Implementation and Execution
- Technical Process and Procedure Documentation
- Accounting Policies, Procedures and Accounting White Papers
- IT Pre-Audit Reviews and IT Control Deficiency Remediation
- Compliance and Control Automation
- Application Controls and Interface Reviews
- Data Quality Analysis – Accounting and Compliance
- Financial Controls – Account Reconciliations, Audit Response Support, Control Documentation
- Mainframe, iSeries and Windows IT Controls
- Insurance and Reinsurance – Accounting, Controls, Business Processes and Systems Changes
- Database Controls – SQL, Mainframe
Contact Kathy – 847.641.9988